Note: This is the only page written in English within this website so far.
Thank you for visiting the website of Kawamura Tranaslation Services!
We are a translation company with extensive experience in this type of work since 1990, located in the city of Obihiro, Hokkaido, northernmost island in Japan. We have rich, extensive experience in translation of documents such as manuals or user guides of various products, import/export related literature, certificates and academic articles.
These documents need accurate translation because of its nature as public statements. Our clients include not only domestic enterprises and organizations but also companies in the Asia Pacific area such as China and Australia. Fixed costs and expenses required for business operations in our city are lower than those in metropolitan areas, allowing us in turn to reduce translation fees.
This also helps increase the quality of translation. Besides translation services, we also provide companies around the world with support required to know about and enter into Japanese markets. If you need our translation or international business support services, especially support required when expanding your business in Hokkaido, please let us know without hesitation.
Services: Translation, editing/proofreading, website localization, software localization, post-editing, project management
Specializes in: Business/commerce (general), computers (systems, networks), energy/power generation, law (contracts, general), medical (general), etc.
Tools/software: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast, OmegaT, FileMaker Below are some of the translation works we have done to date, most of which are English to Japanese translations of manuals, user’s guides and/or technical documents except for those otherwise specified.
- Programmer’s Guide to MultiFinder
- SVR4 Release Note (UNIX）
- Technical document for NIC (network interface card)
- StatView 4.0
- eXodus (X-window emulation)
- MacMolly (gene analysis)
- Middeware products (Sequelink, Tracker, Interbase)
- Tracker (change request control program)
- dbMagic (DBMS tool）
- Interbase (SQL management program, Borland)
- WebShare (Web database application）
- PrivateWire/SessionWall (network protection)
- EssBase (database management system)
- Autodesk VISION (ORACLE-based GIS application)
- A Survival Guide for Computer Security Incident Handling (The Sans Institute):
- Unify eWave Commerce
- GetARef (help)
- BART AATC Program Engineering Notebook (Nippon Signal)
- Service manuals/documents （Canon, Konica, Japanese to English）
- Semiconductor Test System online help (Credence-SZ Japan)
- Canon Precision Inc. website (to English)
- Shade 5/7 manual (Japanese to English)
- FLUSHED AWAY Game Concept Document
- University websites
- Localization of language schools in Japan (English, Chinese and Korean)
- Techniques for Teaching Law (material for creating law schools in Japan, client: Japan Federation of Bar Associations)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny 1.2 Specification W3C Recommendation (22 December 2008)
- Natural Language Processing desertions (Tottori University)
- JAMSTEC (Japan Marine Science and Technology Center) documents
- JETRO documents
- ColorShop Software Getting Started Guide
- The COLOR GUIDE and Glossary Communication, Measurement, and Control for Digital Imaging and Graphic Arts
- MediaConsole user’s manual for streaming media
- Global/international specification documents (Toshiba, Japanese to English）
- Investigation report for the Sakhalin I project (Hokkaido Aquaculture Promotion Corporation)
- Creative Psycho-Cybernetics (The Psycho-Cybernetics Foundation, Inc.)
- Projects from Wipro Japan, including software design/specification documents
- CommuniGate Pro messaging server manual
- SCHOTT website
- Test Software ETS800 Series User Manual
- Specifications and user guide of LCD Combo DVR
- Development of Methods for Measuring the Adhesive Force of Skin Barriers and Effect of the Adhesive Force of Skin Barriers on Skin (Ostomy, article by Yuko Omura)
- Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contract
- Winning Through Merchandising (BAT)
- Distribution Agreement
- Documents from the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Others, including patent documents, game specifications and medical articles
- Wrote the textbooks for a correspondent English/Japanese translation training program, “English-Japanese Computer Course”
- Translated the English book, Windows 98 programming secrets, by Clayton Walnum (published in Japan by IDG Japan, published in Japan in 1999)
- Translated the English book, Introduction to STELLA/ithink (user’s guide for Systems Thinking Experimental Learning software, by High Performance Systems, Inc., published in Japan in 2004)
We are seeking partners who wish to collaborate with us in the business of translation or international business support. If interested, please feel free to contact us by email.
Translation Services, Kawamura Co., Ltd.
Address: Higashi-5, Minami-4, 1-10, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080-0805 JAPAN